Found something interesting about Parenting. Thought to share with you all.
Tirukkural by Tiruvalluvar( a Tamil poet/writer) was written more than 5000 yrs ago. It’s one of the ancient science on Human behaviour, which has not changed inspite of modern education &technology !
SOME GOLDEN THOUGHTS OF THIRUKKURAL
1. If your child lies to you often, it is because you over-react too harshly to their inappropriate behaviour.
2. If your child is not taught to confide in you about their mistakes, you’ve lost them.
3. If your child had poor self-esteem, it is because you advice them more than you encourage them.
4. If your child does not stand up for themselves, it is because from a young age you have disciplined them regularly in public.
5. If your child takes things that do not belong to them, it is because when you buy them things, you don’t let them chose what they want.
6. If your child is cowardly, it is because you help them too quickly.
7. If your child does not respect other people’s feelings, it is because instead of speaking to your child, you order and command them.
8. If your child is too quick to anger, it is because you give too much attention to misbehaviour and you give little attention to good behaviour.
9. If your child is excessively jealous, it is because you only congratulate them when they successfully complete something and not when they improve at something even if they don’t successfully complete it.
10. If your child intentionally disturbs you, it is because you are not physically affectionate enough.
11. If your child is openly defiant, it is because you openly threaten to do something but don’t follow through.
12. If your child is secretive, it is because they don’t trust that you won’t blow things out of proportion.
13. If your child talks back to you, it is because they watch you do it to others and think its normal behaviour.
14. If your child doesn’t listen to you but listens to others, it is because you are too quick to jump to conclusions
15. If your child rebels it is because they know you care more about what others think than what is right
27 Ways to Respect your children and ways to know them in a better way.
Every parent Must read:
1. Put away your phone in their presence.
2. Pay attention to what they are saying.
3. Accept their opinions and point of view.
4. Engage in their
5. Look at them with respect.
6. Always praise them.
7. Share good news with them.
8. Speak well of their friends and loved ones to them.
9. Keep in remembrance the good things they did.
10. If they repeat a story, listen like it’s the first time they tell it.
11. Don’t bring up painful
memories from the past.
12. Avoid side conversations in their presence.
13. Don’t belittle/criticize their opinions and thoughts.
14. Respect their age.
15. Avoid cutting them off when they speak.
16. Give them the power of
leadership when they are present.
17. Avoid raising your voice at them.
18. Avoid walking in front or
ahead of them.
19. Fill them with ur
appreciation even when
they don’t think they
deserve it. (Most Imp. one)
20. Avoid putting your feet up in front of them or sitting with your back to them.
21. Don’t speak ill of them to the point where others
speak ill of them too.
22. Keep them in your prayers as much as possible.
23. Avoid seeming bored or
tired of them in their
24. Avoid laughing at their
faults / mistakes.
25. Choose your words carefully when speaking with them.
26. Call them by names they like.
27. Make them your priority
above anything n everything…
Children are parents treasure and their most precious gift on this land
They must have seen the world lesser than you but they see it in a different way which you need to appreciate
Listen to them and try giving them as much time as you can.
These moments are more precious than anything in this world…
Parenting is an Art not a Job.