Traits to notice in people around you by Nishi Mathur
You meet many people, some give good vibes where you get along with them and some don’t where we maintain our distance. As we grow up, we define our distances and it’s in layers around us. The people closest to you, may be farthest and people you hardly meet you connect with them the best. We don’t develop these layers over a day or an hour, it’s been created in years with our experiences, our relationships, even our day to day talks, reactions add to our definitions.
We like certain people, don’t like some. We have become so cautious that sometimes we give up genuine ones and sometimes give a lot to not so genuine ones. It’s a complicated! Very Complicated. Here we are giving you a guide to know people, like them so that you can work with them better, be friends with and you will be surprised, it might become lifelong relationships as well.
- Assess personal qualities and not position, bank balance, society status.
- Reserve your judgement and take your time
- Observe them in certain situations; look at how they react. Listen to them talking, joking, laughing, explaining, complaining, blaming, praising, ranting, and preaching.
- If the person becomes angry frequently for no justifiable reason, discover the reason why and may be avoid the person. Even you could be part of the situation
- Witness acts of kindness; helpful, takes up job with ownership and accountability
- Notice, how the person takes the blame, look at the reactions
- Never use social media behaviour on Facebook, Twitter as an indicator
- Watch out for show offs – they are unlikely to be modest or show humility
- Do they empathise with people and situation and acknowledge
- They can interact and express
- They have vision, and can inspire you with their thoughts, aims of life, etc.
- Avoid Toxic people – envy or jealous, criticize often, complaining, cribbing, obsession with themselves and their problems
If you determine people on these parameters, you would quickly discover how people needs to be placed in your life. Make sure you have right people around you